Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fairy Cards for Administrative Professionals Day






You know how you see someone or meet someone and you just know that you know them from somewhere?  I had that happen last Saturday at a wedding.  Anthony and I both saw a woman that we swore we both knew yet we could not place her.  I did not have an opportunity to approach her to find out what the connection might have been.  It took me several days but I finally figured out that we worked together many, many years ago in retail.  That same feeling came upon me with this Hampton Art - Graphic 45 Fairy # 3 stamp that Kelly Reed gave to me recently.  I knew I had seen her (the image) before and just could not recall where.  Fast forward to today and I finally figured it out.  In the piles of card stock I have in my art studio I had one sheet of 12 x 12 card stock from the Once Upon a Springtime Collection of papers featuring the same Fairy.  I also had a couple of additional sheets of paper from the same collection but there was only one featuring her.  Sometimes when you purchase clearance papers you end up with odds and ends of collections that stores are clearing out and such was the case with the Once Upon a Springtime Collection.  It is funny that I ended up with one sheet of paper and one stamp at completely different times from the same line and was actually able to make the connection.

Wednesday is Administrative Professionals Day and I needed to make two cards for the admin's that support me.  I wanted the cards to use the same elements but I did not want them to be identical.  I had just enough paper from the collection (and one sheet from My Minds Eye as the base) to create a couple of cards.  The layout is similar but they are just individual enough to be two totally different cards.  Small gifts are sitting here ready to roll and it feels great to have the cards ready to give out too.  It beats me working on them late Tuesday night (which often happens).  Thank you rainy and windy day for my time today to work on cards.  Next up I need to work on more thank you cards and Mother's Day is just around the corner.

Paper:  My Mind's Eye - Miss. Caroline
Paper:  Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime Collection
Textured Element: Petaloo
Lace: Bo Bunny - Buttercup
Heart Stamp:  Santa Rosa
Fairy # 3 Stamp:  Hampton Art - Graphic 45
Dream Stamp:  Inkadinkado
Ink:  VersaFine - Onyx Black
Embossing Powder: Lindy's Stamp Gang - Cleopatra's Copper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails