Sunday, January 31, 2016

Glassed Pumpkin Patch Cards







There are 274 days until Halloween.   Good thing I am on top of my Halloween card making.  I have been itching to play with this Inkadinkado Glass Pumpkin Patch Rubber Stamp.  Although I think the image lends it's self easily to being colored I decided to stamp and emboss each image on patterned Halloween inspired paper by Pink Paislee.  I did also stamp, emboss and trim a second image of the Pumpkin Patch sign for each card on a different patterned paper and adhered with double sided mounting tape to give it a little depth.

The other item that I christened this weekend is the Cricut Potions and Spells cartridge that Kelly Reed gave to me.  I absolutely love the images that you can cut and each card has a subtle Potions and Spells element added to it.  Although the cartridge should have been straight forward as I own quite a few already this was the first cartridge I have even encountered without a keyboard overlay.  What on Earth?  Although it has a very tiny instruction book I was pretty baffled.  The image inside the instruction book of the keyboard is so small that you cannot read it so I was guessing and trying to figure out which keys would cut the images I was interested in.  After quite a few very frustrating attempts (over an hour) I was back on the computer trying to figure out what I was working with.  Search after search on the Cricut site did not yield anything but I finally did an image search and low and behold there is now a universal overlay.   It can be used with any cartridge launched after August 1, 2013. Because the universal overlay works with all new cartridges, there's just one overlay to learn, organize and store instead of a specific overlay for every cartridge.  I had no idea.  I guess it has been a while since I have purchased a new cartridge.  Next thing you know I am on Amazon Prime ordering one.  I am a little bummed about this change in the handbooks and overlays as the specific overlays that are customized for each cartridge make it so easy to use.  Now it's like learning a second cutting system.  Although not complicated just more to know and work with.  I appreciate simplicity and am not thrilled about the change but I will adapt.  It should be here in a couple of days (thank you Amazon Prime) which will make using the cartridge in the future so much easier than the hit and miss method I was using this weekend.

I also used some Chill's and Thrills rub-on's from Stampin'Up on each card.  I am not sure how long I have had them but it was fun to sneak the rub-on's into the designed too.
    

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails